September 15, 2020
As you all know, we continued to be impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to control the constant spread, the government has issued an update to the original Executive Order focusing on those areas/businesses that are considered high-risk for the general population.
Our team would like to take a moment to thank you all for your cooperation during these difficult times as well to inform you of these new restrictive orders.
Things to know based on the latest Executive Order-EO 2020-066 to be in effect on 9/12/2020:
- Lockdown continues to be in effect from 10:00 pm – 5:00am.
- Quarantine order still in effect for those who are sick or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 symptoms.
- All alcoholic beverages are prohibited after 10:00 pm until October 2nd.
- Any arriving passengers, with or without residence in Puerto Rico, must immediately enter a quarantine state of fourteen (14) days or the rest of their stay (whichever is shorter), starting on the date of arrival. The only exception is for passengers which show evidence of a negative COVID-19 test dated no more than 72-hours prior arrival.
- Public spaces and amenities in ESJ Towers-condominium such as swimming pool, Gym, and recreational areas will remain closed until further notice.
- Beach gate will open from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. Saturday and Sundays will open until 6:00 pm. All beaches in Puerto Rico are open for sunbathing.
- Lockdown on Sundays has been eliminated
- Owners/residents must not meet in public areas of the building and must remain in their units unless leaving the premises for an authorized activity.
- All bars, night clubs will remain closed until further notice
- All indoor/outdoor activities where social gathering is present are completely prohibited.
The following is a reminder of the actual regulations that are still in effect in our building:
- Moving in or out will be allowed. All workers must use masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing. It is important to communicate with the administrator or director of operation to schedule the day and time. Remember, that the schedule is Monday to Friday from 10:00 am – 5:30 pm.
- Construction in private units: Construction or remodeling projects will be allowed following the recommendation from the Health department, all workers must wear masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and keep social distance at all times, and we will allow up to 3 employees per unit. The construction schedule is Monday to Friday from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. No construction will be allowed on holidays.
- Other services allowed: Plumbers, electricians, appliance technicians, services to elevators, services to pest control, pool services, air conditioning services, gardens maintenance, access control and garbage collected services. Everyone should follow the Health Department recommendation and wear masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and keep social distance at all times.
- Short Term Rental such as Air BNB and other platform: The actual executive order mandates that all visitors coming from the united states or other country will need to follow the Executive order EO 2020-066 that required a period of 14 days of quarantine in their unit unless a COVID-19 negative test is shown upon check-in.
- Owner’s units: based on the latest EO, anyone renting their unit needs to provide the condominium Front Desk the Tax ID number provided by the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC) in order to comply with the new guidelines of tourism. Failure to do so will constitute a violation of the Executive Order, the laws of PR and the condominium. Such rent will be considered illegal and your guests will not be allowed to enter or stay at ESJ Towers. This practice will be reported to the PRTC and the local authorities on each instance.
- Elevators: Only one person at the time allowed in the elevator. More than one person is allowed when they all belong to the same family.
- Guest Laundry area is available to all residents. It is important to have no more than two persons at the time.
- All residents and employees must always wear face masks, use hand sanitizer and keep social distance. This also applies to visitors to the property. Signage has been placed at the lobby area reiterating this requirement.
- A wellness check point has been implemented at the main gate where the security person is located to ensure that residents and workers follow the guidelines and wear mask, gloves, use hand sanitizer and to check their temperature. Also, the security guard will obtain their information such as names, company name, unit to visit, purpose of the visit and time of arrival.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our owners/residents and guests.
Director of Operations
ESJ Towers, Inc. d/b/a Máre St. Clair Hotel